Teaser Tuesday: Avelynn & The Rest Of Us Just Live Here


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.


I was betrothed against my will to a brute, due to be married within the year, due to have an abysmal life of misery and inferiority, constantly wishing and hoping for some beauty, some passion in my life. And here it was, inexplicably before me - but with a Viking, the very scourge of England. It was impossible, hopeless match.

I was wading into treacherous waters, but that just made it all the more enticing.

~ Avelynn by Marissa Campbell, pg. 87-88 (ARC)




I could have called in sick, but I was getting antsy just sitting around the house. It felt like I was waiting for something to happen. Which has to be the worst part of being young. So many of your decisions aren’t yours; they’re made by other people. Sometimes they’re made badly by other people. Sometimes they’re made by other people who have no idea what the consequences of those decisions might be. The bastards.

~ The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness, pg. 168


Comments

Post a Comment

We love your comments!