Teaser Tuesday: Lailah, The Girl Next Door, Sideswiped, Outlander, & Compulsion


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Seeing Jonah battle against the evil nature that had been bestowed upon him through no choice of his own, unwilling to accept it, I first came to appreciate that there was no such thing as good and evil, it could never be that simple. Somewhere between black and white, there were shades of gray. I wondered if given the complexity of my own existence, perhaps I belonged somewhere in among the spectrum of the in between, right next to the likes of Jonah.

~ Lailah by Nikki Kelly, pg. 28-29 (ARC)




As you get older, you forget names: those you studied with, worked with, lived next door to, the people who came to your wedding, your doctors, your accountant, and those who have cleaned your house. Of these people's names, you forget perhaps half, perhaps three-quarters. Then whose names do you never forget because they are incised on the rock of your memory? Your lovers (unless you have been promiscuous and there are too many) and the children you went to your first school with.

~ The Girl Next Door by Ruth Rendell, Kindle Location 270-274




True, we share a chemistry more explosive than a mad lab experiment, but there's more going on, a feeling deeper than the body. If you burn away my bones, my love for him would remain, tattooed in the air.

~ Sideswiped (Off the Map #2) by Lia Riley, Kindle Location 279-280 (ARC)




Overcome with emotion and tiredness, I collapsed against him, sobbing hysterically. 

 The lad had nice feelings. Instead of calling for help or retreating in confusion, he sat down, gathered me firmly onto his lap with his good arm and sat rocking me gently, muttering soft Gaelic in my ear and soothing my hair with one hand.

~ Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, pg. 80-81




"It doesn't matter how great your shoes are if you don't accomplish anything in them."

~ Compulsion by Martina Boone, Kindle Location 2937 (ARC)


Comments

  1. Intriguing.
    So true!
    Sweet!
    Need in my life...
    And not true... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks all around! I especially like the teaser about names. I forget them all the time. Happy reading all!
    Here's My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reread them all! My favorite is from The Girl Next Door, but all of these would be wonderful to read.
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/30/teaser-tuesdays-83-devil-music-by-carly-orosz/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!