Throwback Thursday: Robin's Diary


Throwback Thursday is a new feature at Reading Lark. We'll still be doing some Book Boyfriend Posts and Book BFF Posts on Thursdays as well, but the Larks wanted a little variety on Thursdays. Throwback Thursday will allow us to celebrate some of the reads we loved way back when...

Robin's Diary
By: Judith Pinsker (Based on Story by Claire Labine)
Release Date: 1995


This is not a true throwback for me as I never read this when I was younger, but I decided to feature it anyway because for many it will be a throwback. In the past year, I have really gotten into watching General Hospital. As a kid, Days of Our Lives was always my soap of choice, so I didn't know a lot of the GH history. I love Robin Scorpio-Drake and decided I wanted to know more about her character's past. This led me on a research journey that led me to Stone Cates. I always knew that Robin was HIV-Positive and that she had contracted the virus from her first love, Stone, but that was the extent of my knowledge. One weekend my desire to know more about Stone and how he ended up with Robin, led to me watching old clips online. A quick search on Amazon turned up this novella and I ordered it immediately.

I know that this story has a limited life span. To make it last, I have limited myself to reading only six entries in Robin's Diary each night before bed. I have loved not only watching Stone and Robin's relationship unfold in the old clips, but also through this novella. I love the pictures and the way Robin's voice shines through the narrative. Robin and Stone's relationship makes me feel young again; it is both heartbreaking and romantic.

Comments