Cover Crazy: The Sea of Tranquility


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms. 


I stumbled upon this book while making Teaser Tuesday post rounds one week. My hands hovered over my keyboard and my eyes locked on the image. I couldn't look away. I was compelled to know more about this book. I had never seen the cover or heard anything about it. I love how the elements of the sea work together to showcase the silhouettes. It also took me awhile to notice that the white in the middle of the faces isn't just sea water, but actually a dropped cup of ice cream. I wonder who these people are and what is keeping them apart. The dropped ice cream conjures up images of shock or tragedy. There are just so many emotions this cover brings to mind. The concept of tranquility seems to be at odds with the dropped cup. I really like the fonts for the title and author as well as the colors used. I do find the blurb in the top corner a bit distracting. What are your thoughts on this cover?




Comments

  1. It's been such a long time since I did a Cover Crazy post, I really like them!

    I really like the cover you chose despite the annoying placement of praise on it. It has a depth to it and I'd like to read it one the basis of the over alone.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the praise blurb is distracting. I don't like where they placed it either. The rest of the cover though is gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. This one doesn't just reach out and grab me but when I start to really look at it, its pretty unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've never heard of the Cover Crazy idea, how neat! I like this cover a lot - it's really unique the more you look at it, the more interesting it is!



    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!