Book Boyfriend: Willem from Just One Day



We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My Book Boyfriend is
Willem De Ruiter


from Just One Day by Gayle Forman
For this post I've chosen Riker Lynch as the face of Willem. 


Facts about Willem: 
*He's Dutch. He says so regularly, in explanation of behavior.
* He is a traveling actor
*He has been away from home for quite a long time
* He is 20 years old
*He is fluent in four languages, and knows enough to get by in a few others
*He apparently has female acquaintances all over Europe
*He discloses little else to Allyson in the time they spend together

Appearance:  *tall- 6'3"- and thin- 165 pounds
* hair that is "a hundred shades of blond"
* eyes so brown as to be almost black 
* facial bone structure has deep, sharp angles
* pillowy, red lips
*grizzled, yet delicate features

 Willem quotes: 
"I go where the wind blows me."

"You Americans are so violent. I'm Dutch. The worst I will do is run over her with a bicycle."

"You think too hard. Same with travel. You can't work too much at it, or it feels like work. You have to surrender yourself to the chaos. To the accidents."

 "You never know what will last."

Why Willem is my Book Boyfriend: Willem is an intriguing combination; he is at once charismatic and wounded. He lives in a way that makes others believe that he fears nothing, yet I get a strong sense that he intentionally tempts danger in search of something that will finally make him feel- whether it's fear or pain- something other than sadness. And though he cares little about what happens to himself, he  is sickened when he realizes that Allyson has been injured because she is with him. He is kind, selfless, and just irresponsible enough to qualify as a bad boy. He's a great reason to pre-order Just One Day. You want to get to know him!



Comments

  1. Tall, young and European? I might have to steal your book boyfriend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me awhile to warm up to Willem but once I did I kind of wanted his book over Allyson's lol

    There's so much more going on with him that I want to know about.

    And OMGosh! That ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a little bit, too. He seemed to good to be true; I was waiting for the "catch". And I definitely think his book is going to be even better than Allyson's.

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!