Teaser Tuesday: Belles, Deity, Reached, & The Evolution of Mara Dyer


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Good clothes made a person feel different. She could almost sense her posture improving and her confidence returning. Emerald Cove was nothing like Harborside, but maybe in a dress that made a person feel like Cinderella, she could make things work.

~ Belles by Jen Calonita, pg. 138-139 (Kindle Version)



"Alex?" Aiden knocked on the bathroom door. "Are you okay in there?" I tipped my head toward the closed door. More toothpaste dribbled from my mouth. "I'm tired." The door opened. Aiden's gaze dropped and his brows went up. A slow smile crept over his face, softening the hard look that had been in his eyes since I woke up. Aiden laughed.

~ Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout, pg. 177



The bird shimmers and seems to move. Glitters of glass, feathers of silk.

It looks so close to living that I have a momentary urge to toss it to the sky, to see if it will take wing. But I know I will hear only the thud of clay and see the scatter of green when it hits the ground, the shape that made it bird, flying thing, destroyed. So I hold it carefully and let this knowledge rise within me like a song.

I am not the only one writing.

I am not the only one creating.

~ Reached by Ally Condie, pg. 157 (ARC)



"Should I go?" I asked.

His hand was still on my face, and his touch was impossibly soft. "You should."

I wasn't about to beg. I broke away from him and reached for the door. 

"But don't," he said, right when I touched it.

~ The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, pg. 163


Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to reading Reached and The Evolution of Mara Dyer! Check out my teaser @ This Is How It's Supposed To Be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both for stopping by the nest! The Evolution of Mara Dyer is really good! I hope you enjoy it, Catherine, as much as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh. The Evolution of Mara Dyer sounds great! So does Belles.

    Awesome teasers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!