Cover Crazy: Belles


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms. The linky is currently hosted by Turning the Pages.

I love the images of the South this book cover conjures. It screams southern hospitality, debutantes, and sweltering heat. I actually thought this one was historical fiction based on the cover and was shocked to discover it isn't. I love the colors and the background image makes me think of wallpaper in an old plantation house. I'm also a huge fan of polka dots so I loved seeing them used in the title font. The girl on the cover is also beautiful. I like how we can't see all of her face which lends a little intrigue. My eyes were instantly drawn to the flower in her hair and her eyes. She seems to have a secret of some sort. What are your thoughts on this cover?

Comments