Teaser Tuesday: Darkness Before Dawn, The Secrets of Mary Bowser, & Wilde's Fire


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. 

    It's so run-down, so littered in these narrow streets. My imagination is running wild, and I can envision all sorts of illegal deals going on here. Blood for money, blood for drugs, blood for food. The precious crimson that runs through my veins has become the currency of the new world.
    ~ Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London, pg. 165

    "You're upset because race prejudice has inconvenienced you. But it's worse than an inconvenience to us Negroes every single day." Making Bet understand me seemed important in a way it never did before. "I appreciate you saying how wrong it is for even your own family to carry on so. You see what other whites won't, that we're just as good as anybody, if white people will let us be."
    ~ The Secrets of Mary Bowser by Lois Leveen, pg. 96


    My muscles relax and my spirit re-energizes; the water's so warm, it feels like I'm soaking in a hot tub. Brad steps into the river, moaning when the water reaches his waist. My eyes fixate on him. His sculpted chest muscles loosen as the warmth works its magic. Brad catches me staring at him; his eyes widen, and the corners of his mouth turn up a little.
    ~ Wilde's Fire by Krystal Wade, pg. 23-24 (eBook)




Comments

  1. Those books looks good. I love the first and third cover. Interesting teaser from The Secrets of Mary Bowser. But, it doesn't look like a book I usually read...

    Ai-Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about a third the way through Wilde's Fire - still undecided but it's holding my attention. The cover IS gorgeous though, I agree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including the tease from The Secrets of Mary Bowser! I usually read more story-driven scenes to audiences, and it's always interesting to see what a reader/blogger pulls out to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh Darkness Before Dawn *squeals*. Your the second person I've seen who has done a teaser for it and that makes me so happy XD I so cannot wait to read this novel.

    Maura @ Monster of Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lois, thank you so much for stopping by! I wasn't far into the book when it was time to choose a teaser; I've marked several other spots that would be great teasers, too. My review goes up tomorrow. I hope you'll come back and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wilde's Fire looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    Valerie
    Stuckinbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie... I'm pleasantly surprised by this one. It's holding my attention. There are some faults but I'm still enjoying it. My review will probably go up next week some time...

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!