Book Boyfriend: Christian Knight



We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My Book Boyfriend is. . . .
Christian Knight


from Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan


Appearance: eyes the color of the sky after a spring thunderstorm, except that speck of brown in his right eye. He has brownish-blonde hair, and his skin is light bronze, like a perfectly baked cookie right out of a hot oven. He has an athletic, muscular build.

Facts about Christian: Christian is an eighteen-year-old high school senior. When Llona first encounters Christian, he saves her from falling on the crowded bleachers at a school assembly. His strong grip and skilled motion caused her to think of him as her Navy SEAL until she knew his name.

Christian is a new kid in town. He moved to Bountiful, Utah from Portland. He was a star quarterback there, and his new coach was pretty eager to give him a spot on the team as well.
Christian and his dad live in the really nice part of town, in a large, beautiful home.

In addition to his athleticism, Christian is very quick, and has exceptional hearing.


 Christian quotes:
  "There's something about the sun's light. It's peaceful, like lying in a boat in the middle of a perfectly still lake." ~ Christian, page 29

"He flashed me the kind of smile that probably made most girls swoon." ~ Llona, page 33

"When the song ended and another began, a much slower one, Christian didn't ask, he just pulled me close to his chest and wrapped his arms around me. Together our bodies swayed as one to the beat of the music. I raised my head until our cheeks touched. His five o'clock shadow scraped against my skin, sending a pleasurable chill up my spine. A sigh slipped from my throat just as he tilted his head. His lips grazed my neck and his hands tightened on my back, pressing my body against his." ~ page 275

"His white knuckles gripped the handle and his muscles tightened. 'Screw the rules,' he said. He turned around and in about three steps was across the lawn and taking me into his arms." ~ page 301

My review of Fractured Light will be posted tomorrow- come back to hear more about why Christian is My Book Boyfriend. 



Comments

  1. Um, you totally nailed Christian. This picture is way better than the ones I found. Is he an actor or is this just a random picture? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian sounds like a lot of fun. I may need to pick this book up and spend some time with him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel!! I'm so glad you're pleased with my pick for the face of Christian. :) Let's just say My Book Boyfriend posts makes it necessary to troll sites featuring male models. LOL This guy's name is Jesse. You can find him here: http://freshfacemalemodels.com/2011/12/23/jesse-3/


    Andrea, you would really like the heroine in this book, too. She's expected to let others protect and take care of her, but she is SO not ok with that- and decides to do something about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!