Friday Five 4/22/11

We have several friends over at Eve's Fan Garden and wanted to support the work they do. We will feature the same topic each week that they do, but the original idea came from Cheryl Renee Herbsman's blog.

This week, EFG posted this topic.....

These days it seems like every book I pick up turns out to be a series or trilogy. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that!)

This week, we want to know what are your FIVE favorite book series or trilogies.


This is a hard topic for me because well, I'm kind of a series slut. I absolutely love a good series. I'm going to try to narrow them down, but yikes - I know I'm going to have to leave out some of my favorites. Here we go...

1. The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer - Yes, event through all of the hype and the movies that make us cringe, it's still one of my favorite series. I haven't re-read in a long time, and much of my Twilight obsession has died, but I think this will be an all-time favorite for me.

2. Black Dagger Brotherhood by J. R. Ward - I don't think I need to explain this one, do I?




3. Dark Hunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon - This is actually a combination of Dark Hunters, Were Hunters, and Dream Hunters. I love them all. I love the combination of Greek mythology with paranormal stories.

4. Three Sisters Island trilogy (Dance Upon the Air, Heaven and Earth, Face the Fire) by Nora Roberts

5. The Gallaghers of Ardmore trilogy (Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, Heart of the Sea) by Nora Roberts

Awww heck...let's make this a Friday Ten! (Those of you who know me well knew darn well I wouldn't be able to stop at 5, right?!)

6. The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy (Shiver, Linger, Forever) by Maggie Stiefvater

7. The Fallen series (Fallen, Torment, Passion) by Lauren Kate

8. The Hunger Games trilogy (Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay) by Suzanne Collins

9. The Perfect Chemistry series (Perfect Chemistry, Rules of Attraction, and Chain Reaction) by Simone Elkeles

10. My new favorite - The Rough Riders series by Lorelei James

There are so, so many more that I could name! I'll force myself to stop here, though.

Comments

  1. This one is hard to narrow down.
    Harry Potter
    Hunger Games
    The Darkest Powers
    The Forrest of Hands and Teeth
    The Mortal Instruments

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to decide but here goes:

    The Mortal Instruments (Cassandra Clare)
    The Infernal Devices (Cassandra Clare)
    The Iron Fey (Julie Kawaga)
    Angelfire (Courtney Allison Moulton)
    Hush, Hush (Becca Fitzpatrick)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pixie- I agree, Harry Potter would be on my list, but I don't know about top 5. The Mortal Instruments definitely would be, though- along with the Twilight Saga, the Hunger Games,If I Stay/Where She Went, and the Wolves of Mercy Falls series.
    If I got to expand to 10, there would be some Rick Riordan, Scott Westerfeld, Laini Taylor, and Maria V. Snyder. And I'm still leaving out some dear faves. . . I still love you, Heather Brewer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!